Friday, May 20, 2005

Free Photos for You!


Free Photos for You! Posted by Hello
I think Gerbera Daisies are beautiful. When I get a bunch I can't resist taking digital shots of them. I usually take them outside on my porch in the morning hours and shoot them in natural light. Without the flash, I have more of a chance to catch the softness of the petals and the translucent nature of the colors. I try to get as close as I can and hold the camera steady by holding my breath. Not breathing makes the world stop and I get the chance to catch one glowing moment in one part of space and time.
After that, I take the photos into Paint Shop Pro 8 and change them. The colored foil tool makes the colors obverse and very glowy. I never tire of seeing the transformations. After that, I use the Virtual Painter plugin to make further changes. This particular group shows use of the "drawing" tool.
You can download this four pack free of charge at my website, so click on this link,

http://www.tallit-embroidery.com/DownloadFreeStuff.html

If you'd like to make some cards you'll have to figure out how to do it in your photo software packages. I tried to make the quarter fold cards I have made available as a download, but it didn't work. Sorry to all of you who tried.
Enjoy!
Adrian

No comments: