Thursday, September 13, 2012

A fun workshop.

 One of the fun things I did during my year of contemplation was a workshop over at Creative Workshops  given by Mechelle Harrison called Whimsical Landscape Painting. Several nice videos shows her process and it was a lot of fun. Starting from a textured surface painted a dark color, I chose black, we then drew a simple landscape with chalk.
 From there it was a matter of painting color in layers to bring the landscape to life. I live in South Florida and am surrounded by beautiful palms , so I made my landscape painting of those lovely trees. Mechelle paints delightful, happy and colorful artwork that just makes me smile every time. I hope you go over to see about this workshop and have fun creating with bright colors and simple shapes.

1 comment:

Mechelle said...

Adrian thanks so much for your lovely comment. I am so glad you enjoyed my class. Your paintings look great!

Happy painting!