Wednesday, October 12, 2016

"My vase is compose rose"

OK, so it's been awhile since I even looked at this neglected blog. Retirement gets crazy is all I've got to say. This is a painting done in January 2016.  I totally enjoyed playing around with the idea of "not realistic" vases of flowers. I did some simple water colors at first and had so much fun, I decided to go for an acrylic version.The final canvas is 20 inches by 20 inches and was a pleasure to work on. Here are a few photos of the progression. 
My favorite part of all is the oil pastel outline  I add at the end. It takes me back to fourth grade when everything I drew started with an outline.  The title is based on the name of one of the acrylic paints I used made by the Holbein paint company.
Amazingly, this painting is now on display with about 14 others I did in this series at a recreation center in Lone Tree Colorado.  How did it get there?  We moved! From Florida. In May. This is the crazy part I alluded to at the beginning of this post.

1 comment:

Katie Jeanne said...

I hope you spend some time painting today, Adrian. ;) Thanks so much for stopping by my blog. It's great to meet you, and find out we're neighbors, more or less. I live next door to you in KS. Congratulations on having your painting on display!! I bet CO is a huge change from FL..you like snow?