Saturday, June 30, 2007

Squirt the Cat Pillow

Of course, now that I had a great photo of Squirt the Cat, I just had to use it! I printed it on cotton and found I had some really beautiful Batik fabric with all the colors so complimentary to the photo. I cut it a little off skew and put a dark frame around it making the crispness of the white stand out. Below the photo I had some fun making a few appliques that mimicked the fabric on the back and then added a fringe of beads along the bottom of the picture frame.


For the back I used a coordinating batik and another photo of Squirt the Cat. The frame on this is a bright pink organza.


The finish is the black and white ruffle making all the colors really stand out.
This is my favorite pillow now.


1 comment:

Arty Lady's blog said...

I can see why this is your favourite cushion - it looks wonderful. The colours just jump out.

Well done!