Sunday, January 28, 2018

Scraps Card

I think I am finally getting adjusted
to our move to Colorado. We left Florida in May of 2016, lived with my oldest son for eight months and moved to a home of our own in February of this year. I'm still unpacking boxes, but the house is
beginning to feel normal and I can usually find what I am looking for.  Now I really understand why "moving" is called a big stressor in life. Sheesh. I never want to move again!!! 
We lived in our Florida home for 37 wonderful years and I am only now truly appreciating what we had there. Oh well...
So, I have cleared the basement enough to actually be able to make stuff again. Yes! They have basements here in Colorado! A whole 'nother level to live in. Amazing! This is just not possible if you live even 9 miles from the ocean in Florida. The water table is rather too high for basement living spaces. 
"Anyway"... as my dear Aunt Betty would say.  Yesterday I collected my bag of fabric scraps, ironed them down to some light weight iron-on stabilizer and secured them to a Strathmore 140 lb. watercolor card with free motion sewing. I made three 5 inch by 7 inch collages and now have three beautiful cards to mail to friends. 
That's a rather nice way to spend a day. 

No comments: