Saturday, May 21, 2005

Second Automation -


Second Automation - Posted by Hello
So I slipped my card into the mouth of the metal monster and prayed for Regular.
Didn't work.
OK. Turn card around the other way. Pray again.
Didn't work.
OK.
Do it fast!
Pray.
"LIFT HANDLE AND INSERT INTO GAS TANK"
It worked! 13.052 gal @$2.249 = $29.35
"RECEIPT?"
Yes.
"CAR WASH?"
Now, this was a fortuitous question. My car had been parked under a tree and the handle on the driver's side was "decorated" quite heavily with lots and lots, layers and layers of bird poop. Opening the door to get in the car was a hazardous undertaking these days.
(That's one of the problems of working at home. Your car doesn't go out much. But the mileage is good! Only 11,235 miles in four years!)
Yes.
"CAR WASH 1? 2? 3?"
1, 2, OR 3? What do I get if I choose 1? What's a 2? And, how can 3 be a user defined choice?
sigh.
OK. Pick a number and get out of here. It's getting late.
3.
Ding ding ding. "CAR WASH CODE IS PRINTED ON YOUR RECEIPT"
OK, now why isn't th receipt coming out of the little box? Do I have to walk all the way over to that building which is full of soda, candy, coffee, window washer fluid etc. to get my receipt?
sigh.
After getting the little piece of paper with my code from the lady who didn't even look up from her Glamour magazine when she handed it to me, I got back into my car and drove over to the Car Wash building.

No comments: